Connector Signal Integrity
Signal Integrity (SI) is the science of containment and efficient flow of electromagnetic energy as it propagates through connectors, conductors, printed circuit board signal traces, etc. Signal integrity requires providing a uniform path of matched impedance through all devices along its path.
By virtue of their geometry, connectors are especially crucial elements in determining system signal integrity compatibility. Every connector should be designed, modeled and analyzed in terms of the signal rise-times and the frequency spectrum it will be exposed to in its operating environment.
APEX has provided numerous electrical simulations to determine the appropriateness of connectors and cables in high-speed applications in terms of miss-match losses, cross talk and conductive losses.
- Familiar with industry test techniques and laboratories
- Hands-on experience
- State of the art analytical software
- May be linked to mechanical simulation (FEA)
- Experienced with connector and cable signal integrity issues
APEX SIGNAL INTEGRITY ANALYSIS INCLUDES:
- Proper S parameter modeling in conjunction with mating components
- Assurance that forward and backward cross-talk are within limits
- Uniformity of impedance
- Source identification for conductive losses
- Evaluation of complete systems
- Documented assessment and recommendations
EXAMPLES OF APEX SIGNAL INTEGRITY ANALYSIS:
- Resolved cross-talk issues in telecommunication application
- Created electrical model to optimize high-speed edge connector
- Generated analysis of complete chip carrier system
- Compared S parameter modeling in competing designs
- Recommended connector design change to reduce cross-talk
- Enhanced cable grounding design for matched impedance